Tuesday, January 23, 2007

devil deccan

They should change name to devil deccan from air deccan!

What a horrific experience, I could not believe a few blog entries i had read earlier. I thought everyone is well exaggerated! But NO, they wer cent percent correct! The website is a mess, while trying to book flight online, my valid card was getting rejected. Thinking that it might be internation card issue, I tried indian card. Same result!

I call up the customer service people. I needed 4 tickets, for to and fro journey for two. I could book both the flights for my brother after giving my celular company a business worth of 45 mins. And my tickets, don't even ask, I could get my return flight booked, but for booking the to flight, their stupid system was getting updated at the wee hours. devil deccan system did not like my to journey, to my amazement, they kept rejecting my valid card with which I bought other three tickets!

I got so frustrated, that I cancelled all the three tickets I could book successfully! and guss what, when i checked my card statement, devil deccan had charged my 3 times for the highest priced ticket!!! the refund customer service number is a pain in the *ss. I waited for 50 mins just to speak to an alive human being, and they kept me on phone for another one hour to tell me that they can not do anything, they could not find any record, since "their system is getting updated"!!! I swear, don't know what lunch i swallowed while waiting-speaking to the CS rep.

I swore that NEVER AGAIN try devil deccan!

8 comments:

-Poison- said...

awww....i too love air deccan. i was spsd to land in bombay near 8 pm which later became past 12 midnight, and thanks to tht my hotel took me as no show and i was on the streets. managed to find acco with some good friends later tht night.

Lorena said...

that's terrible!!!! i hope it all works out. geez what a mess.

Sreejith Panickar said...

Ooops.... So frustrated to hear that...

The Fittest U With Pratyush said...

I was given stale samosa for 40Rs.
Feeling in the flight was same as city bus. U are lucky that u haven't traveled.

Sreejith Panickar said...

Your age is 250 as per your profile! :O:O:O

Ganja Turtle said...

hey...i thot the mindset one should adopt abt air deccan is that "when u travel 3rd class,dont expect no cushions!"...but going by your experience,am scared!

chicago results out on 28th march,so am praying...heres to hope! ;-)

Ganja Turtle said...

i shtand politically kerrected! ;-)

Ganja Turtle said...

Guess whos coming to chicago...