Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Today's Inspiration

“We move from the illusion of certainty to the certainty of illusion.”
-Unknown

It is love alone that leads to right action. What brings order in the world is to love and let love do what it will.
by Jiddu Krishnamurti

In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities.The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.
--
Albert Einstein

My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.
Indira Gandhi

Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it.
Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it...always.
Mahatma Gandhi

8 comments:

gulnaz said...

Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it.
Mahatma Gandhi

i think this one is my favourite and most relevant to my life.

mermaid said...

I like them all. I know that truth and love will always win, but it's sometimes hard to believe when you see something as a snapshot in time. That's why I love the reincarnation concept, a continuum of debts owed and paid.

venus said...

Thanks eden for stopping by :) You're always welcome!

bablu said...

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it...always."
This is so true.

Neel said...

Do not say, 'It is morning,' and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.

Rabindranath Tagore

In my opinion, Tagore was a well rounded genius.

Anonymous said...

Tagore is another clue to my origion. Can you guess yet?

venus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
venus said...

oh yeah, I was pretty sure that you are an indian by origin, but my friend was not sure, that's why i asked you :)