Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Three Cheers to Lance, A Living Legend!

"I once met three guys named pain, suffering, and sacrifice. Now, we'er inseparable. We're best friends."
Lance armstrong said this once.


Every Second Counts Posted by Picasa



What would you say to Lance Armstrong if you had one minute of his time?
Here's my one minute with Lance:


Live Strong: Lance Armstrong Posted by Picasa

Dear Sir Lance,

Yes, I have to call you "Sir". There was something about you, which always made me want to know about you. I am a big fan of your high spirit, not getting defeated by carcinoma. When I heard about your sixth straight victory in tour de france as a cancer survivor, I wanted to salute you. I admire very much your determination, inner strength and will power to come back alive. You have grown to a legend. It does not matter if you win 7th straight tour-de-france, you have already won it even before the race started. You have won it by surviving post-cancer life, by deciding to race, by preparing for the race. That is your one of the biggest achievement. The performance does not matter, the will to perform to be on the top is what matters. You are a living torch for all the cancer patients. I wish you all the best for the race, but remember, you are already No. 1!
Three Cheers for You Lance!!


You can also find this and other letters to Lance here on USAToday .

20 comments:

mermaid said...

Wish he could read this...

venus said...

dear mermaid,
He's gonna read this probably after the race! USAToday people were accepting letters to Lance today earlier, and I've sent the same letter to to USAToday, and they called me back asking for my permission to publish my letter!!!

P.S. I'll put the link up when I receive more info.

mermaid said...

That's great!

Lorena said...

beautiful words. it's true, it's his determination that matters. he spirit has made him a winner.
congrats on being selected on the site! :)

Srikar said...

First time here. Nice blog. You seem to be someone who's interested in photography. Check out my photoblog - snapshots2097.blogspot.com

Will surely be back here.

venus said...

Mermaid: It's very generous of you to feel this way :) Thank you!

Yes lorena, I also admire his will to win back life!

Srikar: Thanks for stopping by. I like good pictures, but I do not take many pictures, I'd rather have someone take my pictures :)

Anonymous said...

sensiblystoned said...
In todays world, where the young have few role models to look upto, Lance Armstrong stands out. The first time I read about Armstrong in the Readers Digest, I was dumbfounded, what I thought was impossible, another believed, worked for it and achieved it. Hats off to him. Great piece, you are absolutely right, hes already a legend. A legend among pretenders.

Anonymous said...

he is a hero, an inspiration to me.
am glad that he will be able to read your letter, its deeply moving.

gulnaz

. : A : . said...

Very inspirational.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting.

. : A : . said...

... again.

:-)

bablu said...

Nice comments. Lance sure deserves the accolades.

Neel said...

Beautiful words, I raced bikes for 8 years of my life and would like to start again.

venus said...

sensibly stoned, bablu : He's very close to winning tour-de-france 2005 now! If we look around us, we can find legend in people we think of as ordinary. Passion is the driving force, we have to find our passion.

. : A : . : you're welcome, likewise, you also have an interesting blog.

neel sen: wow, that's really something, racing bikes! I truely believe that our passions keep us alive.

Neel said...

Venus, congratulations on your letter being published. I am sure that he WILL read it and all the others because he seems to make a point of things like this. Lance is truely an inspiration to us all.

venus said...

Neel: I wrote it what I felt, it does not matter if he reads, if he reads, I'll be happy too :)

Shaima: Thank you for stopping by!

bablu said...

He has done it Venus. Just show the grit and determination of the man. Winning it the 7th time - Amazing. Cheers to this one !

venus said...

Yes, He has done it again, just the way he wanted, some people call it his a storied career, but it's his untiring gruelling hard work when most of us would give up!

again, three cheers to the legend, LANCE ARMSTRONG!

. : A : . said...

"I once met three guys named pain, suffering, and sacrifice. Now, we'er inseparable. We're best friends."

Very inspirational!

venus said...

.:A:. - yeah, he truely is a living torch for anyone who has cancer.

iamnasra said...

He is a hero...

Hey let me know when they publish the lttr I would like to send him a poem about the fight against cancer