Thursday, December 01, 2005

Home Sick..

Oh my god, how much do I miss India! I had such a wonderful time there! And now back in very cold, very short day altitude, alone :(
I wish to go back home some day for good. And I think, I will. I realized how much my family misses me and how much I miss them :( I don't want to see my mom-dad-sis-bro every 2 years, I do want to celebrate all my holidays with them, in a traditional way. I swear to god, I was so surprized to see highways there! I loved driving there, though traffic was still a bit messy. I loved to sit under trees, read news paper, have some snacks in light breeze, half sun, half shadowy, where you don't have to worry about putting of hundred things before stepping outside of your door. you can have hundreds of varieties of fresh juices. Here in America, I don't know why, the concept of fresh juice is lots of ice blend with some fruite :( which I don't enjoy as much. Go to multiplex, go to malls, oh yeah, malls in India! Everythihng, one can imagine, is there in India. I surely wanna go back to my roots one day. going out for books shopping at crosswords with brother, going out for shopping with sis, going out for trekking, going out to places with cousins and brother and sis, spending time with cousins, it's a la grande! I and my brother made rangoli together :) didn't finish it though, had to redo once, and both of us got very tired, and in the evening, it was Diwali time! Oh my god, how much do I miss home...




Rangoli, I and my brother made.. Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Khakra said...

Oh yes indeed! Juice used to create evening outings for us in Bombay, though I was kinda miffed when they mixed papayas into mango juice.

It's like -- dude, why don't you just make a separate papaya juice instead of mixing it with mangoes?? Welcome back --

Kat said...

even i hope you go back home....no place like it!

Sujith said...

:-)) phir bhi dil hein hindustani! the rangoli looks terrific, the same one u draw a few weeks back during diwali rt :-)

mermaid said...

Your yearning for the Mother is always there. She will never leave you.

-Poison- said...

:) glad to know you love your country!

venus said...

khakra:
oh god, juice outings, I miss so much those outings, sugarcane juice, fruit juice, u just cant' get that joy here, however u try.

kat:
Thank you kat for stopping by! your blog is also quite interesting! I know, i also wanna go back :)

jithu:
oh yes, phir bhi dil hai hindustani :)
yeah, the same one was my navratri celebration too!

mermaid:
who else than a mother can understand this fact better? congratulations mermaid to a new mother!

poison:
:) I am 100% indian, though 1000s of miles away from India!

Anonymous said...

So happy to have you back online.. I am glad that you had a great time back home :) and now I am sure it will be depressing.. it always is for me when I get back... :( but one gets used to the routine again..

Geo said...

Same story everywhere... u have a blast at home for a small vacation... when u r back, u miss home like never before...

bablu said...

Boy - U sure miss home... hope U get home forever so that U dont miss it... Amen.

Geo said...

knock...knock...knock... :_)

venus said...

sorry guyz,
I can't say I don't have time, but it was just my laziness.. will surely come up with something soon :)

Anonymous said...

Well how lucky you are to know and have feeling of home sick...I have wondering for years where is home...Being mixed at times you have two homes and at times home is not where you you are born it seems to me where your heart is that seems my home

www.iamnasra.blogspot.com