Monday, April 03, 2006

chewing gum- call it the STICKY gum!

A chewing gum, how much fun can it be?

well, health mags say that it's good for your gums, breath and teeth, and to be frank, chewing gum helps me stay awake when i'm driving late sometimes. but what they never tell you is how bad/worse/worst it can be!

An accident because of the legendary "CHEWING GUM"! Yes, it's the chewing gum, and I ended up being in fault, when it should be this gum!

I had to give up on one of my formals once!
Innocent I believed that all the place in the world are 'chewed' gum free, and I sit on a step at a very happening place in the summer, and guess what! My 'stark' black skirt was not just black anymore, my skirt did not want to get separated from the concrete steps I was sitting, and the cementing element was again, the legendary- chewed wrigley, contributing to wrigley's wealth, and showing off the execution of the univeral right to free spit!

on my carpet, I have this wrigely, never letting me forget it's existance, thanks to it's journey from nobody-knows-from-where to my shoes and to my carpet!

Well, back to the accident caused by this wrigley-
the cop thinks it's my fault, and he also issued me a ticket :(
it was wrigley, but the cop is not ready to listen to me.

somehow someone's free gum spit right execution ended up under my right shoe sole, which is the only foot I use for driving my auto/manual transmission mazda. I was getting annoyed by my sticky foot a.k.a. sticky gas paddle/break paddle.

I approach a stop light, seeing from far, was red. nearer I get, it turns green, with another car in front of me, with good safe distance between us. He slowed down, so did I, and since he was the only one in his lane with no one in his front, I presumed that he is going to speed up, since, the light is now green, and he will match the speed limit of 40mph.

How wrong my judgement was! I decided to give a quick attention to my anoyance without increasing my speed, the shoe sole, to find out what is going on with this stickiness, why this stickiness! And rest is not at all golden history :(

my fault, the first "TICKET" in my 3 years of driving history, a crack on my front bumper on my 2.5 yrs old car :( and a small dent on rear bumper of the other car with my insurance going higher next year..

you tell me now- who should be prosecuted?

9 comments:

Khakra said...

ching gum works wonders, doesn't it? it can make you a superstar in remote nepali villages to send you in jail in singapore, which are supposedly better than homes in NYC.

Geo said...

Oh..so that’s how u met with the accident :_))

U sped thru the freeway, hit an innocent soul from behind… and now trying to put the blame on some chewing gum company :_))

Btw, I will be here for sometime now… ;_)

Sujith said...

hmm thts so ridiculous. btw i presume u r alright.

venus said...

AL:
I really wish I could have found the chewing gum guy, and I wish I could have presented him to the judge for a testiminy!

khakra:
chewing gum wonders and scorns, this could be a book title!

Geo:
ohh, now u are sympathizing with the chewing gum guy! remember who's your friend in chicago :P

Jithu:
thanks jithu, I am fine, and as always, unshakable!
there were no injuries involved in this accident, I guess, the cop overreacted in my case :(

silverine said...

I hate to chew gum and loathe people who throw chewed gum on the floor *UGH*. You know sometimes that split second of losing your concentration can have devastating effects.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and the pen name is 'silverine' and not 'silverline' :))

venus said...

ooopsie.. changing it right now :))
thank you too for stopping by!
chewing gum menace, I hope it would stop!

Anand K said...

I deeply empathise with thee, Venusji.... let me share with you my unforgetable experience with a wad of bubble-gum.

1996, Loyola School Youth Festival"
The year Kalapani was released. If I remember correctly, it was the Sputnik Spacemen i.e SS House(Reds) whot did that pretty good tableau on that scene where the Jailer tortures Mohanlal with a heated pressing-iron and slowly lifts it.... we can see the melted skin and flesh clinging to flat base of the iron and steam rising from the wound. Quite a chilling scene!
To reconstruct the effect, some Super-Sh1ts (disparaging expansion of SS, by non SSites ofcourse) smart-alec came up with the brilliant plan of chewing a fr1ggin motherlode of pink bubblegum to a juicy pulp and sticking it on Blessil's (dude was one yr senior to me) back. Timing, pounds per square inch and degree of chewing, volume of saliva excreted are imporant factors.... you don't want the wad to be too runny that it will just slide off the poor guys back, leaving a trail of spittle (I hope it was Blessil himself who chewed it..... for his sake! I won't stick a yucky wad of chewed bubblegum on my skin, even if it was Angelina Hot-Lips Jolie who just chomped it in her sensous mouth!) OR if it's too dry, it will look like the jailer's flattening rather pink chappathi-dough on the prisoner's back.
Anyway, the timing and all went flawlessly and I still remember Blessil's agonized expression and the gooey flesh-blood thingy sicking out of his back, stuck on the iron. Pretty good....... The next one on was the Gemini Giants i.e GG house (Yellow Colors, not Yellows! Never!), my house since the house reshuffling in Class V. Used to be an SS before i.e in junior school, but I would like to forget that phase of my life :P
I was on the stage sidelines, by the green rooms and was gonna clear the stage for our house tableau when the curtains fell. The curtains soon fell amidst thunderous applause and catcalls and whistles and I rushed in knocking aside the lowlifes of SS house to get their damn cots and props off the stage. I grabbed the first cot I saw and.... hello..... WHAT THE FR!GGIN FUGGGG is that wet feeling in my left palm?!!!
No points for guessing what I just "laid my hands" on when I grabbed underneath the cot! Ahhhh, another glorious Shaheed for tha house. Scheiss-un-Merde-o-Shit, I should have thought about how they were going to dispose that gum.....


PS: I had to dip my palm in a vat of concentrated salt acid and use a Taiwanese dredging ship to decontaminate myself of that filth!
Blessil, you reading this? If you were the perpetrator of that henious crime............ You and I have unfineeshed business!" :P

venus said...

A K:
yyyaaaiiieeeeeccckkkkssss!!!
I totaly now how dirty, disgusting, embarrasseing and gross it feels :-S

Geo said...

u r tagged :_D