Saturday, March 18, 2006

Quotable Quotes

The secret to success is consistency to purpose

-- Benjamin Disraeli



For they can conquer who they believe they can.

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson



One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.

-- Helen Keler



"Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on going."

-- Michael C. Muhammad



"When we see ourselves in a situation which must be endured and gone through, it is best to make up our minds to it, meet it with firmness, and accommodate everything to it in the best way practicable. This lessens the evil, while fretting and fuming only serves to increase your own torments."

-- Thomas Jefferson, 3rd U.S. President


"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition."

-- Martha Washington, First American First Lady

4 comments:

venus said...

Thank you ALex! I liked all of them, they are quite motivating to be a survivor, like me :)

Anand K said...

My favorite quotes:
1. "A wise warrior carries two swords"
Chinese saying.

2. "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
Teddy Roosevelt.

3. "Revenge is a dish best served cold."
Old Klingnon saying ;)

venus said...

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

I liked that :) quite a wise quote!

venus said...

Ann:
Thank you for stopping by!
I like that, "what you become is your gift to god."

Yep, and many many more!