Monday, March 20, 2006

Women of the World

I used to wonder when I was younger that if everyone sees things just the way I see, if everyone thinks like I do, if everyone has feelings like I do.

I realized it later that yes, everyone can, at that moment I realized I got matured! It's such a beautiful realization! Realization that you understand more than you used to! you don't need any proof for this, it just comes to you, with experiences, with age.

I was very fortunate to get showered with love, care, fun we can think of during my childhood. Not many women are so fortunate in this world.

I was reading Jithu 's blog and started thinking on being a woman in this world. It's not easy to be a woman! I hear from many guy friends of mine that if they were given a choice, they'd have selected to be a woman, because women's life is so easy and simple! These dear friends of mine have not seen all the facets a woman has to go through, that's all I can say.

We just celebrated women's day a few days ago, but this world needs much much more than that. I just read about this little lady- Gulsoma, I was tearing by the time I reached the end of the ARTICLE. These women need our support, I can not even think of the things she went thru during her 4 to 11 years of age period. May god bless her.

I was watching Dr. Wayne Dyer's Inspiration lecture series on TV recently, they had a woman- Immaculee Ilibagiza from Rawanda in the spotlight, who survived the Rawandan holocust for 3 months without any physical movement, starving in a bathroom.

Eleven-year old Gulsoma from the above mentioned article, Immaculee make us realize that the world is not a dreamland we think of.

The least we can do, contribute to a cause of woman's day is send some warm supporting words to them..

4 comments:

venus said...

AL:
When I read about Gulsoma, I had Jithu's blog discussion too in my mind, I got this urge to say/write something about it, and here it is.

it was really very sad whatever happened with Gul.

mermaid said...

When we realize it's not easy being a woman or a man, we appreciate the differences, and nurture our strengths.

venus said...

Ann:
There is never an absolute freedom for any human being, unless one is enlightened, i guess.

Mermaid:
it's how we handle differences defines our relationship, not the similarities. very well said, nurtur strength and aprreciate differences!

monu said...

Thanks venus :)

that was a nice quote u posted as comment in my blog :)